Subject: Fwd: Letter from the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service
From: "Center for Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of the European Union" <[email-masked]>
To: "RAM Info"
Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2024 12:44:03 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Colleagues,

We are reaching out as a follow-up to our previous letter sent on behalf of 
the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service and the Center for 
Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of the European Union. We 
expressed our highest esteem for you and formally requested your support in 
sharing experiences, knowledge, and relevant information related to social 
guarantees for civil servants.

As we emphasized earlier, enhancing international cooperation in civil 
service and public administration is critical for Ukraine's democratic 
progress and European integration. Strengthening mechanisms to adapt our 
civil service systems to European standards will significantly improve the 
state's capacity to ensure the economic and social well-being of its 
citizens. Our ongoing research on global practices for providing social 
guarantees to civil servants is a key part of this process. We aim to 
develop recommendations that will help enhance social protection measures in 
Ukraine by drawing from international approaches.

In light of the current negotiation process regarding Ukraine's European 
integration, the information you can provide is especially valuable. We 
would greatly appreciate your assistance in sharing details about the social 
guarantees for civil servants in your country. Specifically, we kindly 
remind you to complete the attached questionnaire (Annex 1), which aims to 
gather insights on the legal framework, types of social benefits, and 
analytical research related to social protections for civil servants. It is 
of great importance for us to get the completed questionnaire from you till 
October 18, 2024.

Your cooperation is vital to the success of our research. The information 
you provide will not only enhance our understanding of international best 
practices but also contribute to the development of effective strategies for 
supporting civil servants in Ukraine. Furthermore, this exchange of 
knowledge serves as an important step in deepening our institutional 
cooperation and advancing our shared goals in civil service reform and 
public administration modernization.

If this request falls outside your institution's responsibilities, we kindly 
ask for your assistance in directing us to the relevant authorities or 
departments that may be able to assist.
Thank you once again for your support, we look forward to your response.

For additional information you may contact the Center for Adaptation of the 
Civil Service to the Standards of the European Union (contact persons: Ms. 
Liudmyla Tyshchenko, tel.: (044) 278-36-44, e-mail: [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ).

Best regards,

Team of the Center for Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of 
the European Union

-------- Оригінальне повідомлення --------

Тема:	 Letter from the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil ServiceДата: 
2024-10-02 10:22Від 
кого:	 Center for Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of the 
European Union <[email-masked]>Кому: 
[email-masked] colleagues,

On behalf of the National Agency of Ukraine on Civil Service and the Center 
for Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of the European Union, 
we are pleased to express our highest esteem and formally request your 
support in sharing experiences, knowledge and relevant information.

We are convinced that enhancing international cooperation in the field of 
civil service and public administration is essential for democratic 
progress. Strengthening mechanisms for adapting civil service systems to 
European standards will help improve the ability of the state to ensure the 
economic and social well-being of its citizens. In this regard we are 
conducting comprehensive research on global practices of providing social 
guarantees to civil servants. Our aim is to develop recommendations that can 
help enhance social protection measures for civil servants in Ukraine by 
comparing international approaches.

In light of this, we kindly request your assistance in providing information 
regarding the social guarantees for civil servants in your country. 
Specifically, we would greatly appreciate details on the following:

1.	The legal framework governing social guarantees for civil servants: this 
includes relevant laws, regulations, and policies that define the scope and 
nature of social protections available to civil servants in your country. We 
are particularly interested in any recent legal reforms or legislative 
initiatives that aim to improve the social security system for government 
employees.
2.	Any analytical research, reports, or methodological guidelines: we would 
highly value access to studies or reports conducted by your institution or 
other authoritative bodies that evaluate the effectiveness of social 
guarantees for civil servants. Comparative analyses of social protection 
systems, policy impact assessments, and case studies of successful 
implementation would greatly enrich our research.
3.	Types of social benefits available to civil servants: detailed 
information regarding specific social benefits provided to civil servants in 
your country, such as pension schemes, healthcare services, unemployment 
benefits, maternity and family support, housing allowances, and any other 
forms of welfare provisions. We are also interested in understanding how 
these benefits are funded and managed, whether through governmental budgets, 
insurance systems, or other mechanisms.
4.	Other official sources on social protection for civil servants: this 
could include government publications, reports from international 
organizations, or any other relevant documentation that provides a 
comprehensive view of the social guarantees offered to civil servants in 
your country.

We have also prepared a questionnaire (Annex 1) to better understand the 
specifics of social guarantees for civil servants in your country. We would 
be grateful if you could complete it and return it by 18 October 2024.

We deeply appreciate your cooperation in this matter, as the information you 
provide is vital to the success of our research. Your insights will not only 
contribute to our understanding of international best practices but also aid 
us in formulating effective strategies to support civil servants in Ukraine. 
Moreover, we view this exchange of knowledge as an important step in 
fostering deeper cooperation between our institutions. We are confident that 
this collaboration will pave the way for further opportunities to strengthen 
our shared goals of advancing civil service reform and public administration 
modernization.

Should this request fall outside the purview of your institution, we would 
be most grateful if you could direct us to the relevant authorities or 
departments that may be able to assist.

For additional information you may contact the Center for Adaptation of the 
Civil Service to the Standards of the European Union (contact persons: Ms. 
Liudmyla Tyshchenko, tel.: (044) 278-36-44, e-mail: [email-masked]).

Best regards,

Team of the Center for Adaptation of the Civil Service to the Standards of 
the European Union

-- 

--